So, you’ve been asked to take an online course. What next? If you have never taken an online course, choosing one or knowing what to expect can be difficult, but a few simple pointers can help you pick the best course for you.
Choosing an online course
What are your learning preferences?
The first step in narrowing down your options is to determine your favorite learning methods. Even though most courses try to accommodate as many learning styles as possible, some courses will suit you better than others. Here are some questions to help you determine your learning preferences:
- Do you learn well by reading?
- Do you prefer listening to an explanation or viewing a demonstration?
- Do you like extensive feedback in order to master new skills, or do you prefer to experiment on your own?
- Do you like having the flexibility to jump between topics or do you prefer a directed course structure?
- Do you like having a variety of assessment methods?
Itsibts.com’s extensive library of course reviews can help you understand the learning styles the courses are targeting and assist you in making an informed courseware decision.